Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21, 2012
Looking for a job is no longer just about the money, I am learning a lot about what it takes to make a good resume and how to apply for a job in person. I can easily fill out an application online, but by going in to a facility to apply in person the employer can put a face to my application. I have also learned that being shy when it comes to applying for a job does not work, so calling them and checking on the status of my application shows that I’m proactive and determined.
The past few days I have continued to apply to facilities in the Denver area, and also applied to the facility that I did my clinical hours at for my CNA classes I took last October. I will be calling them again tomorrow to check on my application. I have not heard back from any facilities but I’m keeping ym hopes up.
A family member of mine will be having surgery this week, and this will be my first opportunity to put my CNA skills to work while taking care of a family member. I’m curious to see how different it will be having to take care of someone I know opposed to someone I don’t. I think it will be easier emotionally to take care of someone that I don’t know just because I don’t have much of an emotional connection right away with any other patients that I would be caring for in a facility. During my clinical hours, I heard a saying that really changed the way think about the quality of care that I give to my patients, “Take care of your patients as though they are your grandparents.” Of course I would always give the best care that I could, but by thinking of them as your grandparents it really puts it into perspective of how important quality care is to your patients and why EVERYONE deserves the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment